After a slight deviation into the Escape Pod Mk2 project I returned to completing the cockpit of this Escape Pod project or Shuttle Pod as it has become.
I made up a seat assembly which is removable at the moment so that I can get some paint into the interior.
I decided to light the internals of this cockpit with bright blue leds, 4 in total and with a forward drop of 3 volts each all 4 could be wired in series and run on a 12 volt supply without a preliminary in series resistor.
Escape Pod Mk2 project using sandpaper frosted acrylic sheet diffusers surfaced with 1mm black styrene fascias perforated with screens and holes for lights. In this instance, due to the blue leds, there was no point using any Tamiya clear colours to back the various switches as they would only come out as darker shade of blue. I thought the blue-lit interior might make an interesting complimentary colour contrast with the hull which I am planning to paint yellow. We'll see if this works out in practice. The console has been nurnied using many tiny parts from a Trumpeter Stryker kit. If you want lots of really tiny nurnies that's the kit for you.
Next up is scribing panel lines and paint.