Part 1 is here
With all this time on my hands (see previous post) I have been beavering away at a few of the other incomplete projects. One of them is the kit bash shuttle project which I am in the latter stages of the painting process. While I wait for the Humbrol enamels to dry thoroughly and before hitting it with the weathering phase I have been paneling and detailing the escape Pod Mk2. I believe I have finished that process but you cant really tell for sure until the first coat of grey primer goes on. I am going to have to wait until the bad weather clears up before attempting any spraying of primer as it's very windy and stormy here at the moment.
Here's some pics of the bare plastic pre primer stage.
I made up the landing skids and made the front one compress with a spring inside two telescoping brass tubes. The outer tube has a small slot and the inner tube has a pin press fitted into a hole that slides in the slot and stops the lower tube from falling out.
The engine intakes have some perforated aluminium screens salvaged from an old ghetto blaster. They are retained with some evergreen strips glued into the recess.
Once the weather clears up I will hit it with some primer and post some more pics.